Lock Fade (Prevent Exit Key During Fade)

newoski

Supporter
RL Member
Hi Guys,

Could you please add a setting that would to lock Fade In / Fade Out to prevent the Exit key from quitting Fade?

For systems that require longer fade times, things can get problematic when users press Exit Key during Fade In/Out... a partially launched emulator is exposed, which then requires additional exit key presses to close the emulator, after fade has closed.

Ideally, the setting would able to turn on/off Global/Per System

Last edited:

Yardley

Supporter
RL Member
I thought this was already implemented? If not I agree that it would be a great addition.

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
So I changed Fade so it will accept anykey, only the key(s) set as your fade interrupt key, or no key. But this is a general setting, so it affects all systems. I can push it like this as a simple update, or if it is deemed necessary to make it global/system, it will have to wait for the next update and some RLUI changes would need to be made.

Brolly, please change the label for this setting in RLUI to Fade Interrupt Key, remove the -in part as it applies to fade out as well.

newoski

Supporter
RL Member
So to make sure I understand... If I set it to No Key, then Fade cannot be interrupted... Correct?

(That's my goal)

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Last edited:

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Yes newoksi, I can push that change right now live, but it will be general for all systems.

newoski

Supporter
RL Member
It would be much better let system, since it's the exception, not the rule... But excited to test!

newoski

Supporter
RL Member
I've been on vacation all week. I'll test Sunday when I get home

newoski

Supporter
RL Member
Pushed it live, go ahead and play with it.

Where do I actually define "No Key"? I can't seem to locate it... typing that into the General Settings - Controls - Fade Interrupt Key field results in an error

Leaving the field entirely blank results in the same problem I'm trying to avoid -- Esc key quits fade and emu is visible

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Previously Esc was still allowed to exit fade, even if you didn't have it set, this has been removed. So if Esc is exiting fade, this means it's one of your fade interrupt keys. No key, means just don't set a key and you cannot interrupt fade.