How to keep fade screen longer

defre1976

RL Member
Sorry , maybe its a dumb question .

But how to keep that fade screen longer , for example untill game almost begins or so ?

Its for teknoparrot games , but fade dissapaer after 1 sec .

I use pclauncher to start up teknoparrot

agent47

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
RL Member
There is a way to do it in the fade settings. I believe it's something like exit delay or similar but I'm at work atm and can't recall exactly what it is offhand.

tonesmalone

RL Member
You have two options...

Most desirable - set the fade window title on the last tab of the module options for each game. This will cause fade to close, only once the game window is active.

Or, as agent says, set the exit delay in the main fade settings. This won’t be exact though, so you’ll need to over estimate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

No need for Window titles for the majority of games.
Set Exit delay to 25000 (or whatever you find best) in Fade General tab in Rocketlauncher.
If game loads earlier it usually starts then, but generally this figure (25000) deals with most games, except Mario Kart DX, that takes an age.

tonesmalone

RL Member
No need for Window titles for the majority of games.
Set Exit delay to 25000 (or whatever you find best) in Fade General tab in Rocketlauncher.
If game loads earlier it usually starts then, but generally this figure (25000) deals with most games, except Mario Kart DX, that takes an age.

If you set fade windows titles, you don’t need to do this. The game will fade I once its ready, not just after a fixed amount of time. You fixing fade to 25 seconds here for every game on every system.

Yes, I know what it does.
I am telling him what works for me, that's what this forum is for no ?
Setting windows titles for TeknoParrot causes major issues (for me) (works fine for PC Games) that's why I tried this option and it works fine (for me)
It's called an alternative solution.

ps, hope this does not come across as sarcastic, just stating my case.

tonesmalone

RL Member
Only two of the Teknoparrot games don’t work with fade window titles due to the characters used. The rest work fine.

If I remember I will compile a list. Should save everyone some hassle, as I’ve added them all anyway.

Styphelus

RL Member
You have two options...

Most desirable - set the fade window title on the last tab of the module options for each game. This will cause fade to close, only once the game window is active.

How do you do this? Sorry but I'm not following. Where exactly do I find this option? Just spent a good 10 min going through setting in rocketlauncher and I still have no idea how to do this.

agent47

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
RL Member
How do you do this? Sorry but I'm not following. Where exactly do I find this option? Just spent a good 10 min going through setting in rocketlauncher and I still have no idea how to do this.

It's in the PCLauncher module settings.

THE CUBE

RL Member
HI there speaking of fades. I have tekno parrot running with pc launcher but when I have fades set the games do not launch properly. either black screen or nothing at all and the game is running but returns to desk top and I can see rockatlauncher running and the game in the backround. any advice?

fishman

RL Member
Is there a way to pause the fade screen and then start again with a push of the button? Because i want the fade screen to display a picture of the control panel and what buttons to use.

tonesmalone

RL Member
Is there a way to pause the fade screen and then start again with a push of the button? Because i want the fade screen to display a picture of the control panel and what buttons to use.

There are options on the fade in section of RLUI which will change the length of time the fade screen is displayed. Not possible to advance fade with a key press though.