at this time.
how do i fix this.

NoFrills

RL Member
get error when open rocketlauncher.
Error says couldn't download index file, it's not possible to check for updates
at this time.
how do i fix this.
I believe everyone is getting this and sadly I believe this project is dead as apparently all the module makers have IRL issues.... Transparency isn't forth coming and lack of help as there is only one mod!

Asparky

RL Member
As I replied, on another post, It looks like, Rocketlauncher has gone the same way as Hyperspin. It is now longer supported by the Dev's and is Dead. Agent47 has done a great job, trying to keep the Modules up todate, but it is a lot or work for one person. Its a shame, the source code, wasnt made open source, it might have became something great.

NoFrills

RL Member
As I replied, on another post, It looks like, Rocketlauncher has gone the same way as Hyperspin. It is now longer supported by the Dev's and is Dead. Agent47 has done a great job, trying to keep the Modules up todate, but it is a lot or work for one person. Its a shame, the source code, wasnt made open source, it might have became something great.
What updates has he did as I haven't seen any!?

Asparky

RL Member
He has been updating the Modules. They are not in one place, you have to look in the Forums for them.

NoFrills

RL Member
He has been updating the Modules. They are not in one place, you have to look in the Forums for them.
Well surely they should be in user modules!? he is a mod I know but for people to have to go searching for modules is a joke the project is dead they should just announce it or make it open source

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Enough of the speculation BS. RL can only die if the user community wants to stop making/updating modules, and the parts that need to be are already open source! Try opening a txt editor and taking a look yourself.

I made the user modules section in the Resources section on the site so everyone can organize their modules better. If you don't want to use it, then that's your fault.

I don't have the source for RLUI, which is why I have trouble figuring out why the update function stopped working. I also have other priorities in life, like keeping a roof over my families head and running a business. I hope to eventually figure something out, but that's not happening right now.

Any future threads on this topic will be deleted.

Thread locked

Status
Not open for further replies.